Ascii RPGXbox One
Mouse Only (If you want to reset your data, press O & P at the same time)Overview:
You are a lost soul in a dark dungeon filled with monsters and large dragons. You've been stripped of your past self as you try to remember who you were.Features:
- Ability to upgrade your character through points, gained from combat or dying. Your stats are saved for the net time you play.
- If you manage to get to the end, you can play again with a higher difficulty. Causing enemies to become stronger each time you win.
Sadly, we ran out of time before i could implement other planned elements like:
- Interactive tutorial level, where you can pick a profession, your core attribute and your preferred combat style.
- Loot system, using chests to give random weapons and armour. As you can see with the players hand, he is actually holding many different weapons at once.
- Actually use the up gradable skills, as they are not used right now. To build bridges, break doors, open chests, etc.
- Boss battle, where you fight a massive red dragon.
- Balancing! Never got the time to do any balancing.
- Improve audio, as it's not ideal.
- Change the visuals into Ascii. (Fog, Terrain, Lava, etc)
- And more...
Created by: Hayden's Studio
Engine Used: Unity 3D
All 3D models were created by hand using Ascii only characters. All textures and animations/rigs (Exept for the player) are hand made.
All code was created from scratch, no copy-pasting.-Misc-
($100) A* Pathfinding: https://arongranberg.com/astar/
(Humanoid Auto Rigger) Mixamo: https://www.mixamo.com/
(Player Animations) Mixamo: https://www.mixamo.com/
($45 Music Pack) The Indie Devs Nation: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/audio/music/orchestral/colossal-game-music...
(Standard Dragon Roar) Created by Slaking_97: https://freesound.org/people/Slaking_97/sounds/332023/
(Boss Dragon Roar) Created by icyjim: https://freesound.org/people/icyjim/sounds/435207/
(Dragon Death) Created by debsound: https://freesound.org/people/debsound/sounds/377887/
(Player Death) Created by theuncertainman: https://freesound.org/people/theuncertainman/sounds/417539/-FONTS-
(2D Font) Liberation Sans, by Red Hat: https://www.dafont.com/liberation-sans.font
(3D Font) Bfont, a default Blender 3D font. Which is a variation of the deja vu sans font.