** Local multiplayer mode is currently being developed so it does not work right now. **
How to play?
You can move left and right using your left and right arrow keys. Player always stops at predetermined positions (there are 5 positions).
You hit the ball if you are positioned correctly when it arrives. It chooses a random position on the enemy court as soon as you hit.
You have to collect coins to gather powerups, which can be used using the Z and X keys, according to their position on your inventory.
These are the current powerups available:
- Earthquake: Shakes the screen around making it more difficult to see where the ball is headed.
- Curved ball: Ball changes direction mid-way.
- Ghost ball: Ball becomes invisible until hit again.
- Fast ball: Ball becomes a lot faster until hit again.
- Time slower: Time slows down but players can still move quickly.
The game itself is a cross between Timber Tennis and Mario Kart, in the essence that it plays like pong (Timber Tennis style) but you are able to get random power-ups to help you beat the opponent.
The game is free to play on your browser (you are free to make any donations).
If you want to download a standalone executable (for Windows, Linux, OS and raspberry) you can do so at a small charge to help support further game development.
The game is still being developed, with the current areas being worked on right now:
- increase number of opponents and their variability
- add local multiplayer support
Did you like it or hate it? Did you find any bugs? Would you like to have something different?
I'd love to hear your feedback!